Friday, February 12, 2010

BEWARE--I am venting in this post!

Why is it that every freaking time I go to the grocery store someone has to make a comment about how many groceries I have in my cart? I'm to the point that the next time someone comments I am going to flip out and slap them or tell them to eff off. It has went that far.

Doug gets paid on/around the 15th and the last day of every month. I go major grocery store shopping after those checks hit the bank. My shopping includes all household cleaners/products and toiletries for 4 people, 2 dogs and a cat. My budget is $250 for each time. I have a 11 year old son and a husband who eats a lot. My daughter packs her lunch every single day and we prepare/cook meal(s) every day of those 2 weeks except 2-4 meals. So we are basically cooking something at least 10 days of those 2 weeks. I only shop at one store--if that store does not have the item I want--I improvise or do without. I do not run all over town going to different stores to get different things--I am a one stop shop kind of gal. Wal-Mart is my salvation when it comes to shopping. I live at least 20 minutes from Wal-Mart.

Today I happened to have to get quite a bit of toiletries, light bulbs, personal hygiene products and toilet paper (the mega package). My cart was a 1/4 full when I headed over the grocery part of the store. So it goes to show that by the end of the trip I was heaping vegetables, fresh breads and a few frozen selection on top and holding my hand over those things to keep them from falling off of the cart when I pulled into the lane to unload. First lady (an acquaintance) told me I needed 2 carts in the frozen section (I hadn't even been to produce or the bakery yet). Checker lady looked at me like "I can't believe you actually came to my lane". Cart was full, but not falling out when I left the lane--I packed it better this time. Stopped at my car to open my trunk and some old fart stopped me and asked me if my trunk was going to be big enough. Are you kidding me? Luckily he was old and I was for some reason feeling...hmmm...nice...so the only comment from me was "yeah, it is I do this every two weeks and it all fits every single time I come". He mumbled something about the 2 weeks--I guess relieved to think that all these groceries were at least for 14 days and not one week's worth. I just don't get people.

Left there and headed straight for McD's drive-thru. Large Diet Coke to go please. My own version of stress relief in a cup. Maybe I should have gotten one BEFORE I headed to Wal-Mart. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment