Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SIMPLIFY

Here's my progress on my One Little Word for 2010. So far not so good. I have tried to stay away from shopping and I have been relatively successfuly in that. We are about to get our tax refund and I have to say that I have been planning ways to spend it, when in fact what I really need to do is put it in the bank and save it for summer. We want to do a few small trips this year and we will really need it for then. So, I am still struggling with that aspect.



Less food--not working. I do have a plan though. When we get our tax refund back one of the things Doug and I have decided to do with the money is join the 24/7 gym here in Macon. Kate is going to go with us and we are going to work on being healthier as a family. Poor Zach is out because he is too young, but he is pretty healthy with all his sports anyway. We get our check on Friday, so starting next week we will be deciding when to go to the gym and we will be sticking with it. Kate is on a mission to lose some weight before vacation and I am right there with her. My shirts are all too short, because my stomach is way too big.



I do find myself thinking how to make my life simpler. I am trying to enjoy being in the moment more and it's very hard for me. I tend to see the past clearly and try to envision the future on a regular basis, but rarely do I live in the moment. I'm trying very hard to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment