Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm wishing my life away...

Last night I made the comment to Zach, after he started in on his "woe is me--no one ever does anything for me" speech, that 18 couldn't get here fast enough. On some days it can't. Believe me, some days the thought of his being his normal jerk self to a college roommate instead of his mom brightens my day. Knowing him though he wouldn't be like that to anyone else but his family--he doesn't want them to know his true self. Not that I don't love that boy--because as I tell him often--he is a piece of my heart...but somedays I could use a break...or some duct tape.

I got two hugs this morning before he left for school and it took me back to that sweet 3 and 4 year old boy who loved his mommy. Nowadays I barely get a "good night". I love how independent my kids are...but some times just sometimes I miss those younger years. I can't go back though--only forward--so maybe I need to head upstairs before bed every night and "tuck" him in like I used to. Kate "tucks" me in since I go to bed before her--and I love that she does that. It's the only time the girl lets me kiss her cheek.

Mother's Day is on Sunday. And I know I'm not the perfect mom. But I'm the mom I'm supposed to be for them. God gave me those 2 for a reason--he's trying to teach us something. (Maybe that I should carry duct tape in my purse! Ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment