Friday, July 29, 2011

Another productive day...

I'll be honest with you...I haven't showered today...and I am still in my pajamas. I'm starting to smell myself, so once I finish this post and finish vacuuming the lower level I will be jumping in the shower.

Today I went through the 2 other closets I have clothes in. I know--I have too many clothes. Goal today was to get rid of anything that has 2x on the label--since I don't wear that size anymore and it is too easy to put it on and eat because there is room. So I got rid of all of my cable turtleneck sweaters--one in every color--OMG! I have a problem. "Hi I'm Lori and I need one of every color in every piece of clothing I own!" I kept 3 sweaters--two of them were Eddie Bauer xxl--which I think is comparable to a 1x. If everything goes as planned I may be buying XL or L sweaters for this winter. I also went through and got rid of all but 3 long sleeve t-shirts and any and all polyester shirts I used to wear to Earthmover. If I haven't worn them in the 3 years I have been gone--I'm not going to wear them this year. I went through jackets, shoes and jewelry. Shoes are a bit harder for me but I did get rid of 6 pairs. I also went through my shirts from this summer and got rid of 8 of those. Then I spent the rest of the day reorganizing how I keep purses, bags and other misc. stuff in those closets. Feels good--Doug's not too happy though because I filled 1.5 of those big huge rubbermaids I just brought home from the rummage sale. Now if I can get him to go through his stuff.

I also cooked an awesome supper. The first of the week--how sad. Chicken in the crock pot, roasted red potatoes and corn on the cob. YUM.

I did laundry--actually still doing it, but the goal is to have it all caught up before we go help a friend move back to Indiana tomorrow at 1 pm.

I checked out my summer to do list last night and realized I had more things on it that I should be able to get done before the summer is over--for me that is Monday. So I was able to mark 5 more things off of my list. Hopefully Doug will help me finish off the other few things before school starts on August 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment