Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hi my name is Lori and I have a problem...

Actually more than one if you ask my husband, Doug, but I'm just going to stick to the one I have an issue with at this moment. Remember how I said that Friday I went through closets and got rid of 6 pairs of shoes? How is it that I took Zach to get dress shoes for a wedding and I came out with a pair of black heeled sandals? WTF? I have way too many shoes---way too many. And my husband knows me too well...he told my daughter while they were waiting in the car that we would come out with shoes for me and none for Zach. How true he was. We left the mall and went to another Payless and were able to get Zach a pair of shoes for Nikki and Ben's wedding. I'm hoping that they last until basketball season but I don't think my luck will hold on that.

Tomorrow I go back to work...I'm happy and a little sad all at the same time. I've got tons of stuff to do though so I will be busy.

Marked a couple more things off of my summer to do list--Doug actually did them for me. Because they involved paint and I don't paint--don't like it--it's too messy for me. He spray painted a couple of things for my scrap area. I have decided to go with a tan or taupe, navy and white color scheme in my area. I found some cool navy baskets with white liners at Target on clearance and that started the whole scheme. He spray painted an old metal pan I got at the 3rd Sunday Market and an old snowman stool I was tired of navy. Now I need to work on getting a different kind of work surface. I really want the Expedit bookcase with desk from IKEA (my mother ship) but we may not be able to swing it at this time. I will keep my eyes out for new curtains also--I would like a white background with a graphic navy flower or some other kind of pattern.

Need to go start supper--Zach has it in his head that he wants me to make a recipe off of the ketchup bottle. I'm all for someone else coming up with menus so I'm going for it. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment