Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tomorrow is the first day of school...

For my kids. I've been back since August 1st. Amazingly enough 3 people came in to register their students at 3:15--I get off at 3:30. Needless to say, I got home around 5, by the time I got all the paperwork done, entered in the computer and put away. But I think I am ready for tomorrow. I hope I remember to change the bells because it is a half day.

I got my new contract today. Of all of the great things I love about my job...the blanket 3% raise for non-certified staff is not on the list. In fact it sucks. I get.....26 cents an hour more than I did last year. It made me kind of weepy today. I haven't got that kind of sucky raise since I worked at Soy Capital Bank in 1986. Of all the things I do for the school and staff and kids--26 cents just seems...LAME. And I've told Doug many times I would work for less because I love this job so. Guess I lied. I guess I'm concerned more because they think I am only worth that amount. I know they aren't looking at us as individuals--and maybe that makes me a little mad too. I'll get over it--because I love it so--but it doesn't make it suck less.

I haven't done too well on Weight Watchers lately. In fact I haven't done it for the last 3 weeks--to be truthful--it's been longer than that. Doug and I went to the store last night and I stocked up on fruit and WW meals--time to get my ass in gear again. I want to be down another size before Christmas. I want to show my doctor that I can do it. I need to succeed at this. And I know I can--this is the first time in a long time that I still feel like I can do it. Going to start with the next meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment