Saturday, January 7, 2012

One little word...

I thought and thought and thought on this one. Here was my initial brainstorm:


  • honesty

  • discipline

  • light

  • less

  • chill

  • thoughtful

  • change

  • freedom

  • simple

  • relax

  • reflection

  • order

  • reduce *

  • transform *

  • consider *

  • confident

  • genuine

  • prepare **

  • mindful **

  • aware

  • sincere

  • true

  • intentional **

  • reduce

  • control

The one * words are words I initially pondered. Then I looked up other words similar to them in the thesaurus and found the ones that have two *. Those were the ones that were in my final brainstorm and those were the ones I was going to have to decide between. I went to Ali Edwards' blog to see what other people had chosen and the word ENOUGH jumped right out at me. I figured it spoke so loudly to me because it goes so well with the other words I have chosen in the past: 2010 was SIMPLIFY and 2011 was LESS. Enough is perfect for me.


This is what I wrote to my girlfriend when I emailed her about my choice this year.


ok…my one little word for this year is ENOUGH.



Enough spending mindlessly.


Enough eating indiscriminately.


Enough stuff.


Enough putting things off.


Enough putting up with crap.


Enough with the lazy ass person I call myself.


Enough saying that I want to know Him more.


Enough is enough---it’s time for action.





No comments:

Post a Comment