Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I hate when I do that!

Last night I wigged out when my daughter's whole bottle of bodywash leaked out onto my bathroom floor. I wigged out because I just don't understand how the whole thing could happen and that no one noticed it before it was completely empty. We have a claw foot tub with the shower curtain around the top of it and so we have a wire shelf type thing that sits just outside the tub but behind the shower curtain with all the required soaps, shampoos and body washes. Some how...again...I'm not sure how it even happened...I went in there to find her trying to mop up body wash with paper towel. Now we all know what happens when liquid soap is spilled--I'm thinking of dish soap--and not the whole bottle of that--it is quite hard to get up. All I can think of is that every time I will mop the bathroom floor I will have suds anywhere. So I ranted and raved and went on and on and I'm sure she wanted to say "Shut the eff up", but she wouldn't because she is a nice 13 year old girl. I felt bad the whole night after that and couldn't sleep because all I could think of was that I went overboard. She cleaned it up herself with a little help from her dad so I should have went easier on her. Things happen, but unexpected things especially when they are messes really freak me out. I was a good mother though and went up this morning to apologize to her and tell her that I was sorry I over-reacted and that I had trouble sleeping last night because I knew it was wrong of me to get out of control like that. I know the whole spill thing won't happen again, because she will make every effort to do things differently because she is a good girl like that. But, I'm sure I will wig out again--lately that is what I do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment