Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's summer--why can't I get it in gear???

Of course, I have all these plans for the summer. I made out rules and chores for the kids, made a little plan for myself for the house and also for scrap booking, made another list of stuff for Doug to get done and here we are a week into the summer vacation and I accomplished one thing off of all my lists and I did that before school even got out. I have gotten off of work at noon each day, came home to eat lunch and promptly laid down to take a nap. That's not going to work real well. I better make another plan for my plans. Ha.

Zach and I ran some errands today. Katy gets home tomorrow so it was nice to do something with just he and I--because of course, I had another plan of stuff to do with him while she was gone and we did one thing. Oh wait, two. Out of 5. Anyway, we went to McD's (he picked) and then we ran to Hobby Lobby to pick out paper to make invites for a graduation--I needed ribbon also, but of course they didn't have any to match, so then we had to run to Jo Ann Fabrics--neither place is very boy friendly, but he was wonderful and carried my basket for me. After Joann's we went to Target to get a pair of my favorite flip flops--the same flip flops I have gotten every year for the last 2 or 3 years and guess what? No flip flops. So I had to pick another pair (or two) out. He shook his head to me because I apparently was taking too long to make a decision. He ran off to look at basketball cards and I wandered around the store looking at whatever. We met back up and the 2 of us tried to wrestle 40 pounds of dog food onto the bottom of our cart. Ha. It was a sight.

Today was a good day for him. He (nor I) barely yelled at all. Maybe being conscious of it is helping me. Well, at least I am working on one of the fruits of the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment