Monday, May 25, 2009

Our Memorial Weekend in Review

I am all for long weekends. This weekend was both relaxing and busy--a nice combination.

Saturday: Was able to do some errands and work a little on the house. Road trip to Greenville, about an hour and a half away, for my cousin's husband's graduation. His Aunt had a wonderful home full of antiques and Longaberger baskets--2 of my most favorite things. And a real cool brick patio/garden to have the party in.

Sunday: Up for Sunday school and Church. Ate lunch out with the inlaws--few more errands and then home to work a little more on the kitchen and picked up my scrap area. Tons of laundry done. And then off to our nephew's highschool graduation--I can't believe he is 18 already, a little warm in the gym, but the weather was beautiful for the party.

Today: I was up early while everyone else was sleeping in so I did a little more laundry, wrote Kate a note for her to find while she is in DC, finished helping her pack, made my son, Zach, pick up his room--oh the agony, took Kate to catch the bus and headed to Lowe's for some kitchen stuff, to Red Lobster (Zach and I's favorite "real" eating place--his definition of not fast food) for supper and then to Walmart to shop for some groceries. We are now home and Doug is again working in the kitchen--it's the little things that kill ya. I just got done putting away the groceries--I am heading down to do some more laundry--can you tell I was behind--and then pick up some more upstairs and be done in time to watch the first episode of this season's Jon & Kate plus 8--oh the controversy. I'm addicted to that show. Appraiser is coming back tomorrow at 4 so we can get our home loan finished up. The end is drawing closer.

Hope your Memorial Weekend good for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment