Saturday, November 28, 2009

Another lazy day

And I don't know what to do with myself. 2 of the 3 trees are up--waiting for the kid to do the 3rd one--since it has all their ornaments on it. All of the decorations are out. I've figured out that I don't have nearly enough for this house. Will work on getting more at the end of the season when everything is discounted. The tree in the den turned out really pretty. I did all shades/finishes of silver, pearl, and a little clear and white and my Longaberger pewter basket ornaments. I need to add some more burgundy to match the ribbon on them. I'm thinking of buying burgundy poinsettias and adding them here and there. I finished it all off with a silver ribbon with a hint of black in it. Found a gray/silver tree skirt for half off at Hobby Lobby and voila! I am done. I'm still on the lookout for some cranberries--may end up getting real and a white candle for the dining room centerpiece along with a table runner. Also need something small for the back of the toilet and also for the shelf in the foyer by the back door. Then I will be done for this year. I just need to keep adding as the years go buy. I've decided that my color scheme for decorations here on out is red, silver and white and of course green--but I want that to be mostly greenery.

I'm going upstairs to scrapbook until lunch. I have mixed feelings about this. I have a lot to get caught up on--but it is so much I don't know where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment