Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's the first day of December

And I don't even have half of my Christmas shopping done. I always have the majority of my shopping done before Thanksgiving. The whole work thing threw me off balance this year. Who'd have thought that when I gave my notice at the beginning of October that they still wouldn't have someone and now it is December. I kept working until I finally couldn't stand him anymore. He was getting even more hateful acting the last two weeks. I picked up my last paycheck today--well, actually it isn't my last one--I agreed to come back and do one of the reports that I do every month for a grant until they hire someone and I can train them on it. The director really wants me to continue to do it indefinitely but the committee doesn't want that. They want the secretary to do it. So...until someone is hired I will continue to get around a check for around a $100 a month. Good thing--I want a new coat.

Tomorrow I am heading to the grocery store by myself in the morning as soon as the kids get off to school. I haven't been able to do this since I left DECU--a whole year. I really miss it. When Doug goes with me we always spend more than our budget. Since we are down to one paycheck it will be good it I can keep it under or on budget.

Next week will be my week to shop. I need to get at least all the neices and nephews and brothers and sisters done. Then that will just leave the parents and the rest of my immediate family. I need to start a list. Another one. I want to be done before the 15th. And I still need to take a picture and write a letter for Christmas cards. Yikes. Where is the time going????

No comments:

Post a Comment