Thursday, November 5, 2009

Weekend Get away

Doug and I are leaving town tomorrow afternoon and heading up toward Chicago. Don't really have any major plans yet. What we really want is a few days by ourselves and some good food. Kids are staying with Doug's parents. This was the only weekend that there wasn't a game or activity scheduled until after Christmas. Yikes!

I have one week and one day left of working. I told them my last day DEFINITELY! (no changing my mind) is next Friday the 13th. I am so excited. I am ready to sit down that next Monday and start making lists and agendas of all the stuff to get done before the holidays. You know, like kids going through their toys/books/games/movies to make room for new stuff, dressers straightened out, closets and drawers cleaned. I don't know what my deal is, but my holidays go smoother if I know that everything is neat--and that includes the stuff that is hidden from public eyes. I also want to donate some coats this year. I'd like for the kids to each get a name off of the angel tree too. I used to do that when I worked at the credit union--we'd get some names from DCFS and buy $10 gifts. The kids had fun shopping for them.

I need to figure out what I am doing for my Christmas cards this year too. I want to get them started that first week of December.

Christmas shopping has already begun--well, stocking stuffers for right now, but both kids have told us what they want as their big gift so now we just need to wait until those go on sale. I've already gotten a gift for Doug too.

No comments:

Post a Comment