Thursday, October 22, 2009

Zach made the middle school basketball team!

Way to go Zach! All your hard work paid off. Zach went to probably 60% of the summer open gyms and 85% of the basketball conditioning for the last month. He tried out for the team on Monday from 4:30-7:30 and Tuesday when he went to school he saw his name on the 7th grade team list. There has been practice every night this week and there will be practice every night next week and games start around November 11th. 5 Sixth graders tried out and 3 of them made it. Not too shabby boys.

Don't tell Zach but I was really excited because I did not want to deal the parents running the 6th grade team this year. They were really overbearing and already saying before we even started practices that each parent was going to be assigned a "chore" that they were going to be responsible for--whether it was set up, concessions or tear down and clean up. That mom was going to pick the best jobs for herself and the moms she liked and she was going to give the crap jobs to those she didn't like. I don't call her Dragon Breath for nothing.

I have to deal with a over bearing parent on the 7th grade team too--maybe more than one I don't know, but the one I know about I can ignore easily. The other lady is so in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment