Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm in a funk...

Can't seem to crawl out of it.  Nothing bad is happening...normal life around here.  Normal baseball games, normal ACT testing, normal Spring flowers blooming, normal ice cream cravings, normal jobs and bills and house and pets and...NORMAL.  Why am I so down?

Today I had to leave the office and get out (My boss suggested it--taking a little break)to get away from the chaos that is sometimes my job.The phone never stops ringing....the kitchen staff never has a day without drama...the parents are relentless in their complaints/worries/demands.  I will never make it the twenty five years that my predecessor did.  NEVER.  I'll be lucky to make it the fifteen I need to be vested in my pension.  There are days that I don't know if I will even make it through.  Today was one of them. 

And bless the teachers--it was secretary's day--and I got 3 gift cards to restaurants and a lovely lily and a rockin' mug from the principal.  I'd hate to think of how my day would have been if not for those cool thoughtful things. 

So I am sitting here at this computer, trying to talk myself out of opening a wine cooler--sipping on a bottle of water all the while craving a real drink.  Drowning my day with alcohol...bring it on.  Ha ha. 

This weekend is prom.  Kate is ready.  Doug and I are ready to work the post-prom game room.  Bring that on.

Also at this moment Doug, Zach and Kate are out test driving a VW beetle.  We are about to become a 3 car family.  Holy crap!  My babies just keep getting older and older.  Milestones keep coming and coming.   Bring that on too.

Needing a little get away I think.  Time to talk to the hubby about getting away just the 2 of us for a little r & r and just us time.  Sometimes we just need a little recharging and I think that is what is up with me.

Glad I could come here to this place and figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment