Monday, April 9, 2012

It's almost over...

I can't believe the school year is almost over. I read on Facebook that there is only 5 more MOndays. I checked--it's true. OMG. I'm not ready. I don't have the awards ordered or the diplomas either. I've got to get it in gear. I'm going to be putting in some extra hours I think.

Baseball is in full swing. This week we start the Chatham league on Wednesdays. Plus we have double headers on Friday and Saturday.

Today the kids and I were off--I've been sitting around thinking about some of the stuff I want to get done this summer. I need to get the ideas down somewhere so I guess here is as good as anywhere--at least I will be able to find it when I go to get started. Ha.

Closets
Linen--shelves covered--back painted.
My--shelves covered---shoe storage rethought--add extra shelf at top. Blackboard paint in one of the inside panels--to get list?
Paper--Shelves covered--back painted--reorganize (maybe add fixed shelves to bottom portion)papers filed, magazine holder painted. Black board paint on inside panel.
Built in cabinet in pantry--shelves covered. Reorganized. Aired out.
Spare room--cleaned out. painted. add fixed shelving to side. go through clothes. Divide top shelf into 2--go up.
Coat closet by side door--re do shoe storage. Hang extra coats in hall closet (after gone through) up stairs. install shelving for "stuff". Line with hooks.
Junk--go through again. Reorganize.

Porch
Paint "Welcome to our" on the porch sign.
Buy 3 pots for red tool box--plant ivy in them.
New cushions for table chairs?
Buy material to recover pillows from England's wicker. Indoor/outdoor fabric.
Long Concrete planters for porch "steps".
"urns" for either side of door--concrete.

Yard
Concrete or painted bird bath
Gate up
Haul in dirt for around house
Order landscaping stones and river rock.
Hang lights around inside of porch.
Fix plant hook.
Wash all wicker and wrought iron.
Major trim up on most of the bushes--especially HOlly.
Pull up corner evergreen on South front corner and plant red bush.

Scrapbooking/Crafts
Kate's school book up to date. Ready for senior year. Try to decide on what to do for that--separate book--for each day? By month?
Cut fabrics for her quilt into 4" squares.
Once Kate's are up to date--work on Zach's school and sports.
Do at least 12 layouts for family scrapbook.
Make curtain for scrapbook desk.
Make pillows for couch upstairs.
Make pillows for dining room wicker.


Misc.
Shampoo dining room rugs.
Find chairs for den desk and for upstairs craft area.
Picture wall in den (convince Doug that we need a shelf over desk)
Kitchen bowl shelf down...come up with other idea for that area.
Re-do attic storage--buy more wire shelving to organize christmas. Floor in eaves for toy storage?
Glass for linen and kitchen storage cabinets (before graduation.)
Fix glass in den bookshelf. (before graduation)
Fix door in hutch that won't stay shut. Buy latch?


Back Entry:
Paint wainscotting
Paint upper walls something lighter and brighter.
New runner rug.
New curtain or something.
Curtain going down to basement--Something like what's in den--linen.

Gosh...don't think I can get all that done before summer is over. Holy moly....might be a before Kate graduates list.

No comments:

Post a Comment