Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Little Word 2013

I spent a lot of time trying to deny my word for this year.  You know...sometimes you just don't want to hear what it has to say.  But in the end I keep coming back to it.  It's a little vague, but that's good because I have interpreted it in a bunch of different ways.

My word is GRACE.
And here is the definition:

Main Entry:
grace[greys] /greɪs/
Part of Speech:
noun
Definition:
charm, loveliness
Synonyms:
address, adroitness, agility, allure, attractiveness, balance, beauty, breeding, comeliness, consideration, cultivation, decency, decorum, dexterity, dignity, ease, elegance, etiquette, finesse, finish, form, gracefulness, lissomeness, lithesomeness, mannerliness, manners, nimbleness, pleasantness, pliancy, poise, polish, propriety, refinement, shapeliness, smoothness, style, suppleness, symmetry, tact, tastefulness
 
 
 
 
 
I have highlighted the synonyms that I want to try to be this year. 

For years I have been lewd and crude--and I have been okay with it.  My favorite word for the last few years has been fuck.  I say it loudly and often.  But lately....I think that maybe....I need to grow up and learn to express myself in a more adult and professional way.  I don't want my kids to look back and think that all I did was say fuck.  I want them to look back and say that I was collected, professional, warm and full of grace. 

So that is my word. 

Stay tuned for my 6 goals/resolutions for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment