Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's been a day!

Whew! Let's see...broke off a tooth this weekend had to go into the dentist this morning at 8 am to have them tell me I need a crown. Scheduled that for October 13 and November 3. Went to work at 9--had hair cut at 12:30 and did not schedule another one (proud of me Dawn?) I told her I did not have a calendar I would have to call--am not going to. At 1:30 I went to church to help out with a funeral dinner and left there at 3:45 to go pick up Zach from basketball practice. Now I am trying to decide if I am going to go to the grocery store this evening while Doug works the concession stand at the varsity volleyball game. Apparently the chorus gets the profits from this---what? chorus? Who knew--and since Kate's in chorus. Better him than me. I might as well cram one more thing into this day. Then tomorrow I can just sit back and relax. Yeah right!

I have decided that the old folks who work funeral dinners only do it to socialize. The other person who was my age and I were working while the rest of them sat around and talked about everyone. They kept asking me who people were at the dinner---I DON'T KNOW! I have no idea I did not grow up in this town. UGH!! And the church kitchen is not organized--what so ever--it took every bit of my will power not to start cleaning out drawers and rearranging stuff. The only reason I didn't is because I knew that when I go back to help the next time it will all be messed up again. Better not waste my energy.

Doug's mom is out of the hospital and doing better. She had a visiting nurse come today to change the bandages where they took the tubes out. I don't know how well Doug's dad would have handled that. I did laundry for him over the weekend. I washed and dried and folded his tshirts and socks and made Doug fold his dad's underwear--too creepy for me--even though they were boxers. (Shudder). I kept thinking to myself that that would be part of my weekly chores in some years--taking care of him. They told us Darlene could have decades, but...you never know right? I might be doing both of their laundry.

Fall is finally here. It was so cool yesterday we closed some of the windows we have had open most of the summer. I've been wearing 3/4 sleeve sweaters the last few days--I have been longingly looking at my sweaters for a month or so now--it's good to get to wear them. Now, if I could just get it in gear and get my fall stuff out. Doug's old ADM group is coming over for a porch party this weekend--I really should do it before then. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment