Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My baby girl is growing up.

On Sunday Doug and I cleaned out the unfinished attic space. Since we moved in we have been cramming stuff in there that we don't know what to do with, want to put in a rummage sale, or just need to get out of the way. Well, it was a pit. We dragged almost everything out and threw a lot of it away. The mice had been into Kate's old easy bake oven and ate a mix for that and also clean the ears off of some Indian corn that was on one of my fall wreaths. Time to get some traps set up there. UGH!

In the middle of all the cleaning I decided to have Kate get all of her "toys" out of her room. We went through Polly Pocket, Barbies, My Scene dolls, Littlest Pet Shop, We three friends, Strawberry shortcake dolls, Groovy girls, etc. The only thing we didn't do is Bitty Baby and her Amerian girl dolls. I will save that for another day. It was hard to pack up all her stuff and put it away, because I know she is growing up and not a little girl anymore. She hasn't been one for a while now, but I was in denial. We through out 3 garbage bags of stuff and multiple boxes. The garbage man probably loved us. But I kept all of the above things as keepsakes. One day when my grandkids come over I want them to play with toys that their parents played with. I know...I'm weird. I have the room to store them, so I will.

It did my organizing self good to go through everything and find bins and containers for it all. It's another thing crossed off of my big to do list that I want to get done before summer is over. I have 18 or so days left to get it all done. I still need to go through our junk closet down here, unpack the last box in my closet, get my pictures off the computer and cameras developed, clean out the computer cabinet, put some pictures in a wall mounted jewelry "box" Doug bought me for Christmas and go through the kids' keepsakes and purge. (I do this every few years to thin stuff out to make room for more stuff.) Not a bad list, but I better get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment