Monday, December 28, 2009

One Little Word

I was reading Ali Edwards blog today and she talked about how she chooses one word every year to focus on throughout the year. I've been thinking a lot about my goals and dreams for this year and really want to try to do the One Little Word this year. I was driving my kids to my parents today when the word hit me. SIMPLIFY. That's my word. I often think I want/need/have too much and I would love to work on that aspect of my life. Less is more. So not only will that have to do with physical things, but also with my time and food. I want to lose weight this year before we head off to vacation at the end of May or the first of June.

For the first time this year we had planned well enough that the whole week of Christmas was spent mostly at home relaxing and not running around with our heads cut off trying to get everything done at the last minute. So that is another goal of mine--to plan well and carry those plans out--and to ask others to help me carry out plans. For example this year I enlisted my kids to help wrap presents. One kid would wrap one day and the other the next. This kept them out of each other's hair. Also I am going to plan into the budget money for each person to buy the other 3 people in the family a gift--previously we (Doug and I) have bought stuff and then had each person pick something from those things to give to the other, but I have decided that next year each person will be responsible for choosing and buying something for all the others. That way they will experience all that goes into gift giving. It will not be mom and dad doing all the work.

I want to appreciate all that I have, my time and be healthier in 2010. So keeping with my one little word for 2010: SIMPLIFY--I want to buy less, be stingy (or more constructive) with my time and eat less/exercise more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment