Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cleaning out the closets

I've been cleaning out closets around here. Last week I did Zach's--even though it doesn't look like it this week unfortunately. Kate did her own last week too--it doesn't look like it either--ugh!!! Anyway, I cleaned out my own closet. I went through shoes and when I was putting my turtleneck sweaters away (I hope they can stay put away)I went through those and downsized--I'm down to 17--still too many and I have plans next week to go back through them to get rid of more. I would like to be down to 10 and keep it at 10 for the rest of my life (ha.) Easier said than done since one of my favorite things is turtleneck sweaters (I am cold blooded). I also put out my 3/4 sleeved sweaters--spring is around the corner you know. I have way too many of those also--going to try to get down to 10 of those (I have 15 now). 5 fall and 5 spring is my goal. I'm up to 6 bins full of rummage stuff--2 came from Kate, 1 from Zach, one from around the house and the other 2 are mine. I'm not done yet either.

It's funny that once I start cleaning one thing it leads to cleaning another and then wanting to organize another part of the house to fit the stuff I need to save but don't want in this closet. It's weird. I told Doug that I want to repurpose a plastic shelf we have in our garage into the basement (plastic isn't damaged by water) so that I can organize: our pet stuff, Zach's sport stuff, Zach's 4 nerf guns (that I would love to put into the rummage sale. ha.)and all the plastic bins/containers I have bought over the years to organize kid's stuff that we have now gotten rid of. That will fill the 4 shelf unit up pretty nicely. Oh I forgot all the camping stuff--need to make room for that--Doug received 2 camping lanterns and a portable propane grill for Christmas along with the air mattress and electric pump for that. Geez, when I get rid of some stuff more always comes along.

Cleaning those 2 closets led me to the basement to clean out 1 set of plastic drawers that I keep off season clothing in. I went through my shoe bin and purse bin and one sweater bin. I still have another sweater bin (I know more sweaters!) and then my spring and summer clothes. I don't feel like tackling those yet. I only want to touch them once--so when I move out the winter shirts and pants and I move in the spring/summer stuff I will go through both.

Think it would be rude of me to make a list for Doug to go through his bins and his closet and drawers???

No comments:

Post a Comment