Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stuck in a rut...

I was so deep in the rut last week that I barely got myself out. I was feeling really unhappy about being home and really anxious about applying for the job that I was almost non functioning. I was crabby (that's putting it nicely honey!) and stressed and a lot depressed. While lying on the couch contemplating it all I decided that I needed to treat being home like a job.

I made some lists (imagine that) and came up with daily chores, weekly chores, bi-weekly and monthly chores. And yesterday--I got up with everyone else and took a shower and got ready--hair and makeup done--dressed decently with jewelry (and just by doing that I felt much better.) You know getting ready to start the day at this job.

Yesterday I got so much more done than I have in a long time. I made our bed, washed 2 afghans and a coat, made the bathroom presentable, picked up here and there and cleaned out every box, basket and bin that had paper work in them (well, all of my baskets, bins and boxes). I also tackled the filing. I have been putting it off for a really long time. Try the last year or so. UGH! I re-vamped some binders and categories and got everything but a handful of things filed. I need to make new folders and I don't have any so next grocery store run I will be picking them up and finishing that project.

One of my new goals is to finish what I start--that day. I did forget a basket last night but first thing this morning I tackled it and I'm done. I even cleaned the junk drawer. It felt so good to have it out of the way--it's been hovering on the to do list for a year and now it's done. I started at 11 and finished at 3--so it wasn't a big amount of time, but I had it in my mind for so long that it would be so hard and take so long so I never started it. Stupid of me.

Today I want to finish the 3 loads of laundry that I have and clean off the dining room table. I also want to figure out what we are having for supper and get that laid out. Plus all the daily chores I have listed. I need to look through my weekly and bi-weekly (pay day week) chores and figure out what days I am going to work on those things that need to get done. I might try to make up days of the week cards on them--assign certain chores to a certain day. Not sure on that yet.

Also I want to make a list of big "to do's" around here. One to go on the fridge so that any one can tackle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment