Monday, April 19, 2010

What to say...

I haven't written on here for a little while and it's because I really don't have much to say. I've been in a little slump lately. I'm getting my normal stuff done, but everything extra is well...waiting. What I am waiting for I have no idea.

I'd say I'm half depressed. I think I would like to work again, but when I think about it, I worry that I won't get to go to all of Zach's track meets or baseball games or even pick him up from practice. I should be happy to just be at home, but when I'm here I look around and think I want this I want that and it makes me want to go shopping and spend money that we don't have--because I am not working. Catch 22.

I've been trying to figure a way for us to be debt free except one car payment and the mortgage in 2 years. I think I have it figured out--but there isn't anything extra--there isn't anything fun. And to have to think that there will be nothing extra or fun for 2 years is just...not fun. I know we can do it. I have it figured out that we would be done paying on everything (and have a little savings--with a couple's vacation thrown in at the beginning of the 2nd year--so I guess that is fun but it's at the end of the time)in 2 years--by the end of 2012. Anyway, to convince everyone else to get on board is becoming challenging. Am I going to be the one that has to say no to everyone?

In fact last week when I had sat here for a whole day and figured out how to do it I proudly told Doug what I wanted to do and by when. He listened and probably not even an hour later says--we need to get "fill in the blank with an item that was not under $100". Can you say frustration. I of course said "were you not listening earlier?" I said there wasn't room for anything extra!!! That "fill in the blank" costs $300!!! Duh!

Today I went out to take the car to fill the gas tank and...flat tire. Didn't the Camry hear me say there wasn't anything extra? Luckily in the next 2 years I am building an emergency fund--but I don't have one now. Credit Card city--the very things I don't want to use for the next 2 years. I'm praying that it can be patched, but knowing my luck we will need to get a new tire. Cross your fingers.

BFF and I are doing a yard sale at the end of April and I hope I just squeak out enough to buy my flowers for the porches. I need at least $100. I have $50 in Wal-Mart gift cards--but that won't even cover 3 of the hanging baskets I want to get. I guess I don't have to get all my flowers--but they make me happy. I enjoy them all summer long and sometimes into the fall. So, I think I didn't even make $100 last rummage sale--hope I can at least get close. I've been going through a lot of our stuff and have a lot to get rid of, but...

We did save money from our tax return to do a weekend type vacation with the kids this year. The more I think about it I guess there will be fun thrown in here and there, but...for me fun things are things I get instant gratification from. You know my standbys--jewelry, crafts, scrap booking supplies, shoes, clothes, etc. And I could still use my personal spending money for that kind of stuff but I only get so much every couple of weeks.

I guess this whole post is about me trying to wrap my head around all these ideas I've been having about money. I need to get fully on board and then run with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment