Thursday, April 22, 2010

what's that saying?

Be careful what you wish for....hmmm...Kate came home Tuesday from school and said "I was working with the school secretary today instead of study hall and she's retiring and thinks you should take the job". Well...uh....I was totally speechless. I thought about it for a day, talked it over with Doug, texted it over with BFF and decided that I would go in there today and catch her in action and see what it would be like. It was hectic--and I was only there for an hour. 4 teachers, 2 discipline problems, 7 phone calls, 1 post-prom Mom, 10 students for random things. WOW! Of course I went in 2nd hour. Right about the deadline time that parents have to call in absent kids so I'm sure that was a lot of it. Principal was gone for the day so I'm sure other days would run smoother???

*7:30-3:30--no lunch but I could eat at my desk. If I want a lunch I have to work longer. (Not working until 5--on my wish list)
*work 10 days before school starts and 10 days after it is over. (Having the summers off--ultimate wish list)
*if the kids aren't there I don't have to be. (I would be home with my kids when they are off. ultimate wish list)
*12 sick days and 2 personal days
*insurance and retirement--bonus
*$10.50 hour (could use my money to start an emergency fund and to pay off our debt which is a major goal for me this year and until it gets paid off--it could possibly help me do it one year sooner than I originally planned--which would be next year instead of 2012)

So all in all, it sounds like a good deal. Who am I kidding, it sounds like a wonderful idea. Zach gets on the bus at 7:10 and Kate walks to school at 7:30--no issues in the morning. I could still get home in time to go get Zach from practices and such and head to games and meets at a decent time. Perfect for me.

So, I will work on my resume tonight to take in tomorrow to get going on the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment