Thursday, July 8, 2010

Today I am thankful

I don't often think of myself as thankful that Zach has diabetes. I often think that diabetes is a big pain and I hate it. But today when I was on facebook catching up with friends I found out a girl from college just found out that her son has leukemia. I'm not sure of all the details but I got tears in my eyes just reading about it, because although my son has a disease--he is alive and as long as we/he takes care of himself he will continue to be. With her son it is unsure what is going on with him right now. I've never had to think that Zach could possibly die from diabetes. I've never had to worry that his medicine will make him sicker than he is now--his medicine makes him feel better. I've never had to think of his mortality when it comes to diabetes--I chose not to go there. But does Mary have that choice? You are in our thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment