Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today felt like Monday all over again...

Geez it was the day from hell for sure. Tons of sick kids called in, kids coming into the office wanting to go home sick, parents calling about homework, substitutes, teachers who can't/won't do attendance. I called a parent today whose child was actually at school. How embarrassing. 1st hour teacher did not do attendance, 2nd hour teacher marked her absent, and 3rd hour teacher did not do attendance. Made me look like an idiot. I had enough and sent out a email to all the teachers and told them to do their attendance. How hard is it. You click on your class--You click on the kids that aren't present in your class (if they aren't already on there because they are sick or at an appt or something else) and you chose "A" for absent. How hard is it? Takes me less than 5 minutes when I do it for the teacher that doesn't have a computer or for a sub. Give me a break! Funny the ones that cared and came to ask me weren't the culprits. Well, one usually is but she actually did her attendance today. So I told her she was good for TODAY! Hope they got the hint. There were also the kids that forgot their driver's ed permit money and had their parents bring it in--try 12 of those, the kids that got their cell phones taken away (3), the kids that got sent down to the office for behavior issues(7) and the teacher that calls down multiple times a day because he can't control his classes (he called twice), oh and the athletic director who is so unorganized it isn't funny, and I haven't had a copy machine all week--since I started it has been broken 2 of the 5 days there are in a week. It's a rough 1st year, but by next year I should be used to it, right? Today was the first day I questioned my sanity of wanting this job and accepting it. Ha. I'm going in tonight after supper to catch up on all the stuff I didn't get to today. I need to feel like I'm making some progress--my piles have piles. I have to get the activity fund ironed out, and make progress on the letters to parents who owe the school, I need to do 2 deposits and make a list of all the kids that need to come down to the office to fill out a cell phone policy. It's never ending. But even after everything that happened to day I still love it. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment