Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I did it!

I put in my notice yesterday. I gave them until the end of the month. If I could I would be done today, but I can't do that to them. I am patiently (who am I kidding--I am anything but patient) counting down the days until I am home again. I have 24 days to go. I sat down Sunday night and wrote out my schedule of things I must get done on a daily basis. You know the important things like showering and getting dressed. Ha. I will save those things for Saturday mornings. That's when I will allow myself to run around doing inside chores in my nightgown until lunch. That will get that out of my system. I also made a list of additional things I would like to accomplish--hopefully before Christmas. These are things that need done to the house or around the house to ease my stress during the holidays. Cleaning out closets and what not. I know, not many people worry about clean closets during the holidays, but I am not like that.

I have 2 other projects that I want to be working on during the holiday season too and they are fun projects. My BFF and I are going to be doing a favorite ornament mini scrapbook--we both love ornaments and it is time to document that. Also I am going to attempt a scrapbook that starts at Thanksgiving and goes through New Years. At first I thought it would be a daily book, but now it just may be every few days. I'm still on the fence about how to do it. If I do it everyday it would be around 38 pages plus a title page and a letter at the end. I will be looking for coordinating Christmas paper/embellishment sets to get for both projects along with stuff for Christmas cards. It would be nice to get those done ahead of time too. Well, for now those are my plans. Throw in Christmas shopping, I'd like to do a little baking this year, decorating the house and trying to coordinate a progressive dinner party with our Sunday school class.

Zach is home sick today. He came home yesterday with a stomach ache. Yesterday afternoon he had a slight fever (100.5) and I am keeping him home today. He is complaining now of a sore throat. He woke up with a nightmare last night and crept into bed with me at 4:00 AM. Don't tell him but it was kind of nice. I'll be lucky if I don't get sick--He was coughing a lot. But I will take one for the "mom" team.

Off to do a little laundry--I will be lysoling everything in sight later when he is feeling better, so I better get some of my regular chores done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment