Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School has started!

And not a moment too soon. Ha. My sanity was starting to go. Not that I have that much any way. Ha.

Went yesterday and picked up some books at the library. I'm hoping to get through a few in the next couple of weeks. I use reading as a de-stresser, but lately I haven't even picked up a book. I need to get back up into my scrap room too and do a few pages or even organize something.

Today was my son's first day of middle school and my daughter's first day of high school. I feel so old right now. My daughter was lying in bed with me last night (while I was trying to read) and was nervous becuase she hadn't looked where her classrooms were while we were at registration. And I was trying to be a good person and not say "I told you so". So I reassured her with "You'll be fine", "you can ask someone where stuff is" yada yada. I don't think that really assured her though because she said, "mom, tell me some horror stories of your first day of high school". Sadly I had to tell her that I didn't have any--I didn't want to tell her that I don't remember back that far. Ha. It's the old thing again.

Zach on the other hand was extremely excited to go and didn't have any worries what-so-ever. He came home to tell me that he had 4 favorite teachers so far (out of 7) and that he got his lock opened 5 out of 5 times. Those must have been his worries.

Doug is in Quincy all this week for ADM. He will be back for the weekend only to go back on Monday. Hopefully it will just be for 2 weeks. He told me last weekend that he might have to go back to Amsterdam this year in the fall. I asked him if he realized that it was almost fall....

No comments:

Post a Comment